Day 2 - Yay! I'm still in!

Well, last night I went to bed still on my Master Cleanse! I am very proud of myself because for me, getting through the end of day 1 and into day 2 is the HARDEST thing. I’m not sure if anyone else feels like this, but I fail a lot before the end of the first day because something “comes up” – celebrate someone’s birthday (not mine), happy hour with coworkers, dinner with a friend. Always something. I usually cave because I am not INVESTED at that point. It’s just the first day. A trial run. I can start tomorrow… Then something else comes up again the next day. Another ugly cycle – lack of dedication and commitment.
But yesterday was different. Because I am reporting my progress to you, I fought all instincts and ignored the lunch invites. I made it successfully through day one. Thank you keeping me honest and on track!
So now it is the end of day two. I kept myself busy all day long with work – didn’t think too much about food. Thank God there wasn’t anything yummy out for sampling. Overall it was a pretty non-eventful day.
Afternoon tea time!
Now that I am on The Cleanse, I have started to set up a routine to get through this, regimenting the times that I chug the detox juice and when I have tea breaks. Oh yeah, one thing that really helps me get through The Cleanse is the fact that I can drink tea. Flavored, decaffeinated organic herbal hot teas, not sweet tea or anything like that. Green tea, Chai, Cammomile, and Peppermint are great while you are on this. It breaks up the monotony of the lemon/syrup flavor and it’s another way to take in water, which you have to drink plenty of. Tea has been a saving grace for me.
Another tea that you SHOULD drink at least once a day during this program is “Smooth Move”. Yes, it is exactly what you think it is – a laxative. It’s super important to have fiber because you have to move the wastes and toxin out of your system. You really should read the section on the ingredients and supplements to take for The Cleanse. In the mornings I take phsyllium husk caplets and in the evenings when I get home I have the tea. That way it kicks in about the time I go to bed, and I don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night…
Enough about that topic…don’t want to share TMI, but obviously this is what The Cleanse is for, so anything that helps it along that is ok to use while you are on the detox is good info to have.
The day is over, and I’m out! Ready to get to bed and start all over tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment